Here is my Bellarina Product Review like I promised! 🙂
Bellarina is an online makeup company that sells reusable lashes and makeup accessories. Be sure to check them out!
Perfect Eyebrow Powder Kit: $6.99
7 Piece Brush Set: $6.99
Check out my blog post on how to fix broken makeup! https://shemaiasunflower.co/2016/06/1…
Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Serious business inquiries only: email@example.com
Broken makeup is always annoying! Luckily there is a way to mend it all back together. This process works on all powders and eyeshadows. All you need is some rubbing alcohol, a paper towel, and anything with a smooth, flat cap. First you will want to pour a tablespoon of alcohol onto the cracked makeup. Using the cap of the alcohol bottle works just fine. You may need more depending on the amount of powder. Only a little bit of my eyeshadow was cracked so I just eyed how much I used.
Once you’ve poured the alcohol in mix it around with your finger. Try to blend it all in as much as possible. You want it to come out smooth and cream-like. Now let it dry for at least 15 minutes. Powder takes a lot longer to dry depending on how much there is. Mine took about an hour and a half to completely dry. Once it is all dry, place a paper towel over it and smooth it out with your cap (I used a lotion cap). This step isn’t necessary for small amounts of makeup such as eyeshadow. Voilà! You now have smooth, mended makeup again!
We all have those days where we don’t have that much time to get ready. For me that’s nearly everyday. I always find myself crammed with classes, studying, and work. Luckily I’ve found products that make getting ready on-the-go simple.
I use elf’s tinted moisturizer almost everyday along with Ponds face cream or coconut oil. I love it because it’s great at covering scars and irritation. It also gives your skin a flawless finish!
I use the Super Sizer mascara first. I like it because the brush is thin and elongates each individual lash. Then I use Falsies flared mascara. It makes my lashes really thick and also makes them look longer. The last mascara I use is Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. It is my favorite out of all three. It makes my lashes look extremely long and gives them 1,944% more volume!
These products are perfect for trying to achieve a simple and natural look. You can purchase the elf tinted moisturizer at Target, Walmart, or elfcosmetics.com. The Covergirl and Maybelline mascaras can be sold at any drug store. Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara can be bought at Sephora or toofaced.com.
I loved Rihanna’s makeup in her “Work” music video. Today I did my own subtle take of her look. This look is simple and perfect for going to class or to work… work, work, work, work, work.
Most of the products I used you can get from any drug store. You can get the foundation and eye brow pencil from Sephora or online.
- Bare Minerals Bare Skin foundation: Bare Buff 10
- Maybelline Dream Wonder powder: 60 Sandy Beige
- ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
- Revlon eyeshadow: Satin
- Wet N Wild eyeshadow: Bleached Glitter (not pictured)
- Rimmel London Glam’ Eyes liquid liner: Black Glamour (not pictured)
- Rimmel London lipstick: Candy
- Color Sensational lip liner: Plum
- Maybelline Falsies mascara (flared edition)
- CoverGirl Super Sizer mascara
- Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil: Dark Brown (not pictured)
Every winter I suffer from dry, frizzy hair. I have bought deep conditioning treatments in the past which for the most part have worked well but I’ve noticed my hair doesn’t stay moisturized for more than a day. Last night after being frustrated with the dryness of my hair I decided to make my own deep-conditioning hair mask. I only used 3 simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen. From watching multiple DIY hair mask YouTube videos I found that these products were the most popular and beneficial for dry hair such as mine (I have 3C curls). Today I woke up with soft, shiny, moisturized hair. After going on campus, facing the wind and cold it is still poppin!
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
The first ingredient I used was organic virgin coconut oil. You can get this product from any grocery store. I got mine from Trader Joe’s. I love that they use 100% all natural ingredients. If you chose to buy a cold-pressed jar be sure to melt the coconut oil either over the stove or in the microwave (for about 30 seconds) before mixing with the other ingredients. Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and vitamins and great for preventing breakage and maintaining shine. It smells great and is also great for your skin! Many make up artists use it on models in fashion shows.
The second ingredient I used was olive oil. I began to use olive oil way back in middle school to keep my hair moisturized and protect it from heat. Olive oil also prevents hair loss and provides moisture to your scalp which stimulates growth and shine. My favorite thing about using it is that it leaves my hair soft and isn’t too heavy on my hair.
The last ingredient I used was mayo. I’ve done mayo hair mask in the past but wasn’t too fond of it because I couldn’t tolerate the smell. But I learned with adding coconut oil and olive oil the smell isn’t nearly as bad. Mayo is rich in omega 3 and restores your hair’s PH balance which is perfect for me because I have color and heat damage.
Once you have all your ingredients mixed, apply it to your hair in small sections. You want to be sure you moisturize each strand from root to tip. Leave the treatment in for as long as you desire. I recommend leaving it in for at least an hour. I left mine in over night (leaving my hair in two french twists) to be sure my hair absorbed as much moisture as possible. You may want to wear a shower cap while having it in. This mask is great to use as a monthly deep-conditioning treatment. I am hoping that it stimulates my hair growth being that my hair tends to grow at a slow pace. I am also taking multivitamin and biotin tablets daily. I have heard of other treatments (e.g., Hairfinity) but I am super skeptical of products that are not 100% natural. I have heard mixed reviews about the popular ones and do not recommend them at all! I hope this mask has helped you get a better idea of how to achieve natural, beautiful, healthy hair!
I have been chosen by a fellow blogger, Ready or Nat, to be a Liebster Award Nominee. Like myself, she loves fashion and good music. She started her blog only a few weeks ago but it is fabulous and you should check it out! The Liebster Award is an opportunity to highlight other bloggers and spread love. The rules are simple: You answer a set of question given by the blogger who nominated you, list 11 random facts about you, then nominate 5 other bloggers with 11 questions of your choice.
Here are my responses to Nat’s questions:
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? All good things take time.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving because it consists of my two favorite things, food and family. There is nothing better than stuffing your face all day with amazing food with the people you love.
- What song would you choose to sing (and slay) in a lip sync battle? “Wrong” by Tinashe. It is one of my many favorite songs by her and my #1 most played on my phone.
- What’s the last book you read? Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- Heels or flats? Flats! Being flat-footed, heels get way too uncomfortable. I have only worn them during pageants, prom, and graduation. Luckily I’m almost 5′ 8″ so height isn’t something I worry about too much.
- What’s your favorite comfort food? Four Cheese Pasta!
- If I asked your best friend to describe you in 6 words, what would he/she say? Random, funny, open-minded, fashion-forward, kind, loving
- Tell me something about yourself that might surprise me. I have 4 middle names.
- Best compliment you’ve ever received is: I have a Beyonce figure.
- What are you most proud of? My college education and beginning my career in the fashion industry.
- Who are you most proud of? My younger sister, Markayla. It is amazing to watch her pursue her dreams in cosmetology and music! You go girl!
Random Facts About Me:
- I am 20 years old.
- I love going to concerts!
- I have never left the U.S.
- I want to move to Canada.
- I love to eat!
- I need to meet Tinashe before I die.
- The only role model I have ever had was Tyra Banks.
- I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising and minoring in Communications.
- I don’t have the patience to be a designer or seamstress.
- My boyfriend and I are currently watching all 10 seasons of “Friends” on Netflix.
- I want to travel the world. My top desired places to go are Dubai, Italy, Mexico, London, Milan, the Bahamas, Sweden, Norway, Australia, and Japan.
My Nominees Are:
- Simply By Simone
- XOXODanielle Mone
- Tori Sherri
- SOULfully Written
- O So Vogue
Questions For Nominees:
- What is one thing you know now that you wish you knew when you were younger?
- What/who is your biggest motivation?
- What is your favorite retail store?
- Who is your favorite singer/rapper/group?
- Who do you think is going to win the presidential election?
- Who do you want to win the presidential election?
- What is your favorite book?
- Where is your most favorite place to be?
- NFL fan or NBA fan? What teams/players?
- If you could have any career in the world what would it be?
- What is your favorite food?
Thank you for the nomination! Have fun and enjoy!